Our bucket-list state has long garnered the attention of the world over for unmatched scenic beauty, but did you know that Maine has also gained national attention for having a premier medical, biomedical research, and manufacturing community?
With exceptional hospitals, health centers and education facilities, excellent hotels, resorts, meeting venues, and accessibility through major airports, Maine is the destination for medical meetings.
Medical Community Accolades
- Maine offers higher quality hospital care on average than any other state in the country, according to data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- According to a report from the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Maine hospitals are among the best in the country.
- Maine hospitals lead the nation in measuring and reporting the quality of health care services.
- Maine Hospital Association was among the first in the country to routinely and voluntarily publicly release hospital-specific quality data, including patient survey results.
- In 2015, Maine had the third-highest rate of hospitals recognized for outstanding performance by the Joint Commission.
- In 2019, US News and World Report ranked Maine fifth nationally in health care quality rankings.
- In November 2019, Maine ranked first among all states on the 2016 Advanced Care Transformation (ACT) Index(SM) measured by the Coalition to Transform Advanced Care (C-TAC).
- In 2021, the state announced that all its 26 birthing hospitals were Safe Sleep Certified, making Maine the second state to achieve this milestone that protects babies from sleep-related deaths.
Hotels & Venues Well Suited for Medical Meetings
Medical meetings and conferences covering a variety of fields and specialties take place throughout Maine each year. Our state offers venues that are well equipped to meet the needs of your medical meeting – and include downtown convention centers, arenas and hotels, seaside resorts, mountainside lodges and more.
Free Services For Event & Conference Planners
Get more for your medical meeting by utilizing the knowledge and connections of our experienced staff. We’re available to assist you in planning all the details of your meeting, including:
- Pre-Function Site Visits
- Bid Proposals & Assistance With Presentations
- Meeting Planner Kits
- Marketing Materials For Event Promotion
- Referrals To Industry Partners
- Itinerary & Program Ideas
- Hospitality Tables
- Welcome Packets
- Registration Tables
- Media Releases
For any questions, please reach out to our Greater Portland team.