The best way for you to reach out to Motorcoach & International Tour Operators is to let us do it for you! We attend several industry travel shows a year to promote our region. Attending a show can be quite expensive for a small business so by working together, we can provide the tour operator with a comprehensive look at the amazing opportunities we can offer their customers and help you to promote your business at the same time.
Travel Trade CD Rom / Website Listing
The CVB attends serveral conferences throughout the year (NTA
, Discover New England
, and Pow Wow
) promoting the Greater Portland region and Maine as a viable destination for the motorcoach and international markets.
Combined we speak one-on-one with approximately 200-250 domestic and international tour operators. Tour operators receive a CD inclusive of a video on the area, high resolution images, itinerary ideas and a link to our Travel Trade section of VisitPortland.com allowing them to peruse all the businesses wishing to work with these two lucrative markets.
Members participating with a listing under the travel trade section of VisitPortland.com receive:
- Representation via the CD rom at each of the 4 shows ($13,000 value)
- 4-6 large photos on your listing page allowing you to specifically show group travel images
- Up to 250 words of text speaking directly to the tour operators
- "Quick Guide Grid" allowing tour operators to view your amenities & services at a glance (breakfast included, group rates, welcome reception, motorcoach parking etc.)
- Links to your videos hosted on YouTube
Standard rate: $265.00/yr
Non-profit rate: $95.00/yr
* Includes presense on CD (distribution up to 250) and 1 year enhanced listing on web (web listings are exclusive to CD participants)
Please contact Lynn Tillotson.
There is a slight learning curve when dealing with International Tour Operators/Receptives or Motorcoach Operators/Receptives - Here are a few helpful pages for you to review.
More Information and Data on These marketsHow to work with the Motorcoach & International Markets
CVB Newsletter Archive
According to the American Bus Association,
motorcoach travel brought $1.9 billion into Maine's economy in 2009 and $13 billion for New England.
Discover New England
reports international travelers bringing $1.6 billion dollars into the New England economy in 2010. According to the US Travel Association
, International visits to the US are expected to increase 30% by 2014.
All statistics are rounded up for ease of reading...
Web Statistics (YTD = as of Oct. 2011)
1. From www.VisitPortland.com
- 316,000 Visitors (Domestic & Int'l)
- 27,000 International Visitors
- 7,300 Group Travel Visitors
* Using 2011 data over 2010 full year data due to launch of new website resulting in a greater amount of traffic.
2. From www.VisitMaine.com
Sept. 2010 - Oct. 2011:
3. From www.DiscoverNewEngland.org
- 2.5 million Visitors (Domestic & Int'l)
- 374,000 International Visitors
- 11,000 Group Travel Visitors
- International Visitors - 58,000
- International Visitors - 145,000
This is a direct result of SEO implementation on the site as well as strong representation in UK & Germany and an increase in interest from France & Italy.