Story Ideas: Are you trying to find your hook? Check out the following link to get you thinking about different story angles.
Assistance with Familiarizations Tours
The Public Relations Department is your network to the greater hospitality community we are happy to assist with:
- The announcement of your visit to our network of hotels, attractions, restaurants, tourism partners, PR & marketing professionals.
- Request media rates and special offers for travel writers with confirmed assignments or prolific freelancers with serious interest in Greater Portland.
- Seek restaurant, tour, attraction and performance hosts on your behalf.
- Help with formulating story ideas
- Connect you with interview subjects and local contacts
Online Press Kit
Our recently updated press kit features the following areas of interest:
- Overview of Greater Portland
- Culinary Destination
- Arts & Culture
- Excursions beyond Greater Portland
- On the Water
- Past, Present and History
Photos are available to the press and travel writers to correspond with stories about the Greater Portland area. All photos provided by the CVB may not be sold and may not be used on materials for sale without the express written consent of the Greater Portland Convention + Visitors Bureau.
The CVB provides free footage of Greater Portland to media. Footage includes the Old Port, ariel shots from the Eastern Prom including the Observatory, horse and buggy rides, lobster boats and traps, shorelines and sailboats, Deering Oaks Park, Portland Headlight, beaches, kayaking, Sea Dogs games, Long Wharf and more.
To request Greater Portland B-roll (all B-roll is in Betacam SP format), please email Lynn Tillotson your contact information and intended purpose. All inquiries will be asked to fill out a brief usage agreement. B-roll is shipped by USPS Priority Mail within the US and by Fed-Ex to international destinations (in most cases). If you need the footage sent overnight, be sure to include your company's Fed Ex number. Otherwise, allow 3-5 business days to receive the footage. All b-roll tapes are the property of the GPCVB and must be returned to the GPCVB promptly after completion of your project. Please return tapes to:
Greater Portland Convention + Visitors Bureau
94 Commercial St. Suite 300
Portland, ME 04101
All video provided from the CVB may not be sold and may not be used on materials for sale without the express written consent of the Greater Portland Convention + Visitors Bureau.