MAINE MARITIME MUSEUM
Maine's sea story lives here! Exhibits, 20-acre shipyard site, tours of Bath Iron Works, lighthouse & nature cruises, kids' pirate ship, demos, Victorian house, family activities, hands-on fun for everyone.
Why should Maine Maritime Museum be one of your New England destinations?
* Conveniently located 20 minutes north of Freeport; 1.2 miles off US Route 1.
* Located on a picturesque 20-acre campus along the Kennebec River.
* Friendly and knowledgeable docents provide guided tours of the unique Percy & Small Shipyard.
* Visitors can experience Victorian shipyard life in our Donnell House.
* View present-day boatbuilding techniques in our BoatShop.
* Explore Maine’s most famous fishery in the Lobstering & Maine Coast exhibit.
* Open daily 9:30 to 5.